When searching for solutions to everyday issues, you may come across some unconventional answers that may come as a surprise to you. When these unconventional solutions work well, we like to call them life hacks. Here are some of the more interesting and downright unusual life hacks we have found while scouring the internet:
- Use an old multi-CD case as a perfect holder for your bagel sandwich.
- Instead of tossing out the last bits of peanut butter from the jar, add a scoop or two of chocolate ice cream, some whipped cream and a cherry. Voila! You’ve got yourself a sundae.
- Fill a muffin tin with assorted condiments to serve at your next picnic.
- Fill an empty (clean) squeezable ketchup bottle with pancake batter for easy, non-messy pouring.
- Dental floss can cut through most soft foods very easily without squashing it. Use it to cut cheeses, cakes and pastries. Be sure to use the plain dental floss not the mint-flavored floss.
- Add a soda tab to the neck of a clothes hanger. You will then be able to hang another hanger from that tab. It will give you more hanging space in your closet.
- Recycle the spring from an old pen by twisting it onto the end of your phone charger cord. It will prevent the cord from kinking.
- If you are at the end of your dishwasher detergent, just toss in a cup of baking soda with the dishes and run the washer on the hottest cycle your dishes will allow.
While our main focus is always getting you the best insurance for the best price, we also love to hear about your experiences. If you have any life hacks that have worked for you, please share them with us here in the comments section!